Setup.exe - search for package
Thu Mar 26 10:15:00 GMT 2009
There is one feature that I have always wanted in cygwin setup - the
ability to search for packages. This is particularly useful for tracking
down libraries which are required for compiling some project.
So I have come up with a patch which does that. It needs some tidying up
but it is already functional.
The functionality I propose is as follows:
* In the "Select Packages" screen I added a new edit box - the search
edit box. The search edit box is to the left of the Keep/Prev/Curr/Exp
and View elements
* As soon as the text in the search edit box changes - the list of
packages is filtered
* If the package name contains the text in the search edit box - the
package is displayed
* If the View is "Category" when the text in the search edit box changes
- the View is changed to "Full"
* If the View is NOT "Category" when the text in the search edit box
changes - the View is NOT changed
* If the View is manually changed to "Category" - the text in the search
edit box is erased
The patch will need to change the following files:
Does anyone have any input before I tidy up the code and submit a patch?
Also I assume the cygwin-patches list is the correct place for the patch?
More information about the Cygwin-apps