FAQ entries about emacs

Thu Feb 12 14:36:00 GMT 2009

Hi Volker,

can you do me a favor?  Can you have a look into the FAQ entries "Is
there a Cygwin port of GNU Emacs?" and the next one "What about NT
Emacs?" and suggest a rewrite? The information given in these two FAQ
entries is certainly outdated, but I'm not quite sure how to rephrase
them.  What especially bugs me is the reference to X11 which, as far as
I know, is not correct for XEmacs.  Maybe (but that's just a vague idea
from an Emacs non-user) it might be a good idea to pull the two FAQ
entries together into one "Is there a Cygwin port of Emacs?" and just
talk about XEmacs and GNU emacs, whatever the actual difference is.

Thanks in advance,

Red Hat