[RFC] GCC-4 new packaging.

Tue Feb 10 19:05:00 GMT 2009

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

[ libffi considerations aside for the minute, ]

> (BTW, your libtool patch to force the DLLs of non-module libraries which
> are deeper than ${prefix}/lib into ${prefix}/bin should be considered
> for inclusion in libtool itself, as gcc is not unique in that regard.)

  Yes, I found a thread about on the libtool list from sometime last year.  I
intend to clean it up and submit it when I get a moment.  (Needs moar robust
and less lolspeak....)

> Also, will a binutils update be required as well for proper usage of
> shared libstdc++ and friends?

  Nope, but it will be needed (or a local build from CVS) to *build* shared
libstdc++.  I'll mention that in the README under build instructions.

    cheers,
      DaveK