HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies

Mon Dec 28 16:30:00 GMT 2009

On 28/12/2009 03:47, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> ocaml is unmaintained ATM.  I took a shot at packaging it and it's a significant
> PITA.  The Makefile doesn't support DESTDIR, and the location of the main ocaml
> executable, wherever you installed it for packaging purposes, gets statically
> baked into all bytecode executables.

Indeed, I didn't look at maintainership before I sent that email.

You are correct that OCaml doesn't build OOTB.  I have a working build,
but there is an issue with the method they use to create stublibs and
.cmxs native link modules.  I'll try to raise an RFC on those issues
when I have a chance.

Yaakov