Packages still installed into /usr/X11R6/bin

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Wed Dec 9 20:10:00 GMT 2009

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Peter A. Castro wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> according to http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-12/msg00057.html there are
>> four packages left which are still installed into /usr/X11R6/bin/, namely
>>
>>  openbox   ORPHANED)
>>  tcm       Daniel Boesswetter
>>  tetex-x11 Jan Nieuwenhuizen
>>  x3270     Peter A. Castro
>>
>> Daniel, Jan, Peter, could you please rebuild these packages for 1.7,
>> so that they are going to be installed into /usr/bin instead?
>
> I'll see about moving x3270.exe into /usr/bin (though I still don't
> understand the justifcation for this movement), there's several other
> files in this package which will remain in the /usr/X11R6 hierarchy.  I
> presume this won't cause any problem?

Hmm...ok, scratch that.  I see why this is being done and I'll need to
relocate the current X11R6 objects to where the rest of the X related
files are.  I should have something ready soon.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>