Emacs maintainer

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Apr 23 17:36:00 GMT 2009

On 4/17/2009 2:55 AM, Steffen Sledz wrote:
 > Ken Brown schrieb:
 >> I'd like some advice as to how to proceed.  Sharing the job with Steffen
 >> would seem to make the most sense, but I'm not sure exactly how that
 >> would work since he can't run cygport.
 >
 > thanx for your offer. I'm in a hurry currently but i'll contact you by email shortly.
 > So i can tell you what problems are pending and how we can solve them together.

OK.  In the meantime, I went ahead and prepared packages to replace the existing 22.1-3 test
packages (cygwin 1.7 only).  As far as I can tell, they're ready for upload.  Please check them
when you get a chance, and let me know if there were any pending problems that aren't fixed.

wget -x -nH --cut-dirs=2 \
   http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin-1.7/emacs/setup.hint \
   http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin-1.7/emacs/emacs-23.0.92-1-src.tar.bz2 \
   http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin-1.7/emacs/emacs-23.0.92-1.tar.bz2 \
   http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin-1.7/emacs/emacs-X11/setup.hint \
   http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin-1.7/emacs/emacs-X11/emacs-X11-23.0.92-1.tar.bz2 \
   http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin-1.7/emacs/emacs-el/setup.hint \
   http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin-1.7/emacs/emacs-el/emacs-el-23.0.92-1.tar.bz2

Are you able to use cygport yet?  If not, maybe one of the other package maintainers could
check the packaging, since I've never prepared a cygwin package before.  And if anyone wants to
try out the binaries and give me feedback, that would be useful.

I'm not aware of any problems other than the time zone problem I reported in
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-02/msg00148.html (with an easy workaround).  I don't know
how to debug it, but it doesn't strike me as serious.

Ken