Setup 2.573.2.3 says GDB 6.8-2 but installs 6.8-0

Thomas Nilsson thomas@junovagen.se
Sun Oct 12 12:29:00 GMT 2008

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
Från: "Brian Dessent" <brian@dessent.net>
Till: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Skickat: den 12 oktober 2008 13:50
Ämne: Re: Setup 2.573.2.3 says GDB 6.8-2 but installs
6.8-0

> Thomas Nilsson wrote:
>
>> In fact, the package is named gdb-6.8-2.tar.bz2 but
>> when untar'ed displays binaries from 6.8.0.
>
> The final number after the dash is the revision
> number of the packaging,
> not part of the program's version number, so you
> should interpret 6.8-2
> as "the second incarnation of the 6.8 package", and
> it indeed does
> contain gdb 6.8.
>
> Brian

Thanks for that explanation!

I misinterpreted this announcement
(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-04/msg00166.html)
but reading it more closely now I see that fork support
was introduced for some environments already in 6.5. So
I suppose I was getting my hopes up to high for fork
support on cygwin.

Sorry for the trouble.

/Thomas

--
Jag använder gratisversionen av SPAMfighter för privata användare.
 3441 spam har blivit blockerade hittills.