[ITP] p7zip-4.57-1

Wed Mar 5 06:07:00 GMT 2008

This is actually a re-ITP. I posted p7zip-4.47-1 last year
   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2007-06/msg00046.html
but it kinda died without a yes/no after some issues with using
non-standard cygport mods, so nobody could give it a GTG.

Contrary to my message here:
   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-03/msg00101.html
it was NOT an issue with votes -- because p7zip is a normal component of
the Debian distribution, so needs no votes.  Just a GTG -- which it
didn't get last year.

So, having been reminded of this issue by the message earlier today, I
updated my local build -- using *standard* features of the new
cygport-3.8.  It still has the rather odd structure imposed by the
upstream folks:

== /usr/bin/7z ==
#! /bin/sh
/usr/lib/p7zip/7z "$@"

etc, but the other issues mentioned
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2007-06/msg00048.html
have been fixed.

http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/ITP/p7zip-4.57-1.tar.bz2
http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/ITP/p7zip-4.57-1-src.tar.bz2

===== setup.hint =====
category: Archive
requires: cygwin
sdesc: "A file archiver with very high compression ratios."
ldesc: "p7zip is the Unix port of 7-Zip, a file archiver that
archives with very high compression ratios.  It supports
packing/unpacking 7z, zip, gzip bzip2, and tar archives.  It supports
unpacking of cab, iso, arj, lzh, chm, z, cpio, rpm, deb, and nsis
archives.  This version does NOT support rar archives."
===== setup.hint =====

Included in Debian sid:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/p7zip

--