setup.exe for 1.7 and patches?

Ralph Hempel rhempel@bmts.com
Mon Jul 21 16:04:00 GMT 2008

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> You start by discussing setup.exe development where you've already sent
> email - the cygwin-apps mailing list.

My fault for not watching what Thunderbird was auto-completing
for me. Fixed.

> As far as the compilation errors are concerned, weren't you going to try
> to get the patches working?  It seems like you need to fix the
> compilation errors if you want to help.  If you can't fix compilation
> problems then it isn't clear how you are going to help building and
> testing setup, considering that you are trying to add new functionality.

Based on Reini's note, I was under the impression that the three patches
would apply cleanly to HEAD, and they don't.

What I'm trying to get clear on is whether I shoud be trying to get
the setup for 1.7 (snapshot 2.592) working with the patches.

I got some of the compilation errors fixed, then decided to the CVS
viewer to figure out which tag to pull out to get the setup for 1.7
- the result was inconclusive.

So, which tag should I be referencing in the CVS tree to get the
version of setup that will be released with 1.7?

Cheers, Ralph