New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2

Sat Jul 19 12:24:00 GMT 2008

On Jul 18 15:28, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
>> Download a 1.7 distro using http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe
>> Cygwin 1.7 and 1.5 can run in parallel sessions on the same machine, but
>> the installation in parallel needs some manual intervention.  Setup.exe
>> is not yet using the new registry location and will happily install into
>> your 1.5 installation dir...
> Are there any instructions on exactly how to do this?  I tried to install
> both of them on my machine.  I told setup-1.7 to install into a separate
> directory, however, all of the other registry stuff that keeps track of
> what is installed seems to be used as well.  So, it installed some stuff,
> but not everything.  The resulting install could not run programs because
> of missing dll's.

You have to rename the "Cygnus Solutions" registry key and also rename the
Cygwin 1.5 dir to something other than C:/cygwin.  Then install 1.7 into,
say, C:/cygwin-1.7.  Then rename the "Cygnus Solutions" registry key to,
for instance, "Cygnus Solutions 1.7" (it's not used in 1.7 anyway) and
rename the old 1.5 key back to "Cygnus Solutions".

We would really need a new setup.exe.

Red Hat