cyginstall - /etc/setup/$pkg.lst.gz content

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Fri Jul 4 17:43:00 GMT 2008

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 06:22:50PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>> I'm just writing a cmdline tool in perl for faster setup for the
>> power-user. It's named cyginstall and has the usual rpm options
>> and the smart features. It can not bootstrap a fresh cygwin install of
>> course, as it requires cygwin perl bash gzip coreutils tar.
>
> I actually wrote one of these years ago.  It's checked in here:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cygupdate/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps

For completeness:
Just the two modules Cygwin::Setup and Cygwin::Setup::ByDir are missing.
But I have them somewhere from upset. But upset is no more, there's
genini now.

BTW: Just for those modules we renamed the perl archlib recently
to i686-cygwin. So we will have no nameclash in the future.

> It is fairly full-featured, I think.  I don't remember if the dependency
> handling works right or not.  I think it can install cygwin but not
> perl.

Even the interactive prompt is there.

> I use it to install packages when I'm about to release so I know it at
> least kinda works.
>
> It may have problems with cygwin-1.7.0 since it has no logic for finding
> the cygwin root.
>
> I have never released this because I didn't want to deal with the
> support issues but if someone else wants to take it over, I'd be happy
> to relinquish it.

Hmm. I'll check if I like it or if I like mine more. :)
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/