[ITP] libserf, libserf-devel, libserf0 - HTTP client library

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Tue Aug 5 16:14:00 GMT 2008

Thanks for reviewing.

On 8/4/2008 11:01 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> 1) AFAICS there's no reason not to use serf as the $PN.
> 2) cygport now supports creating an empty binary package, so the docs
> could go together with the DLL, and the latter would not dep the former.

I'm confused by this. You're suggesting that I have the following?

  * serf0: empty
  * libserf0_0: DLL and docs
  * libserf0-devel: headers and link libraries

Why do I need serf0?

> 3) The devel package should also require apr1, aprutil1, openssl-devel,
> and zlib, since libserf-0.la will pull these libs in when linking with
> libtool.

Okay.

> 4) IMO the libraries should be libserf0_0 and libserf0-devel.  The first
> zero is part of the library name itself (libserf-0.la), and the second
> the current libtool version.

You're talking about the package names here, not the names of the *.dll,
*.la, or *.a files, right?

The difference between dogs and cats is that dogs come when they're
called.  Cats take a message and get back to you.