tcp-wrappers for 1.7.0

Fri Apr 25 04:28:00 GMT 2008

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> would you mind to build a new tcp-wrappers package exclusively for
> 1.7.0, which has IPv6 enabled?

Fairly soon. I was hoping that the setup-1.7.exe issues would get
resolved soon, so that this procedure:
   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-04/msg00299.html
wasn't quite so onerous. But, looks like that won't happen for a while,
so...

Also, I *had* planned on installing the cygwin-1.7 tree on my vista
machine, but I've had difficulties with bootstrapping and autotooling on
Vista+cygwin-1.5: lots of these:

  [main] ? (2152) C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't
allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x990000, top 0xC70000,
reserve_size 3010560, allocsize 3014656, page_const 4096

even after running rebaseall.  And then STFW, and running 'rebaseall -b
0x65000000' (no joy).

I guess next I should turn of Address Space Layout Randomization, then
re-run rebaseall. Sigh.

Dare I hope that cygwin-1.7 might be better behaved, or does this have
absolutely nothing to do with the cygwin1.dll and is all about the
*other* dll's?

--
Chuck