tin shows "?" for german umlauts

Reinhard.Irmer@skba.de Reinhard.Irmer@skba.de
Mon Sep 17 15:56:00 GMT 2007

hi list,

I'm a cygwin-nuser who wants to use unixbased programs as mutt, pine,
tin or slrn on my winxp(sp2)-machine. mutt and slrn are working fine in
bash, only tin makes problems:.....look at subject.

In a german usenetgroup was said, that this problem is a cygwin- not a
tin-problem because cygwin is not made to support 'locales'. I'm not a
programmer, only a nuser, who wants tin working fine under cygwin. What
can I do, to see the german umlauts in tin instead of questionmarks?

regards
Reinhard