dirname and basename in MinGW runtime

Chris Sutcliffe ir0nh34d@gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 02:40:00 GMT 2007

> >> Is there a better place in which these man pages should be installed
> >> from withing Cygwin?
> >
> > I don't know where they should live but they definitely shouldn't be
> > installed in /usr/man/man3/dirname.3 and /usr/man/man3/basename.3.
> > Maybe adding a mingw- to the beginning of the filename would be
> > sufficient.
>
>  How about /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/man?

Idealy, that path would need to be added to MANPATH, and if it were
added, doing a 'man 3 basename' may turn up the MinGW implementation.
For that reason, I agree with cgf, in that prefixing 'mingw-' would
identify that these particular implementations are part of the MinGW
runtime.

Cheers!

Chris

--