setup.hints which mention Base in their category

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Thu Jun 7 23:20:00 GMT 2007

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> The setup.hint reflected older, current, and newer versions of grep
> (except that I missed libintl3 somehow).  I've modified it to just refer
> to the newer.

Ah, I hadn't considered the case of older package versions.  That could
potentially be an issue but hopefully we can just continue to ignore
this limitation of the ini file grammar/design.

> Would you like to do the honors of moving the other things around as
> necessary, Brian?

I edited the mentioned setup.hints; I assume upset gets run on a cronjob
automatically?

I also noticed however that of the existing packages in _obsolete there
seems to be no consensus as to whether the package directory itself is
moved to release/_obsolete or not.  From the standpoint of end user it
shouldn't matter, but from the standpoint of ftp site tidyness should we
always physically move the files?

Brian