CMake 2.4.7-1 ready

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Fri Jul 27 20:16:00 GMT 2007

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>

> Look at /var/log/setup.log.full for a reasonably fine-grained trace of
> setup's activity.  If there is an I/O error, it should show that.  Also,
> it will contain the output your postinstall script produces.
> HTH,
> 	Igor

Thanks I got this:

2007/07/27 16:12:01 Downloaded
C:\cygwin/http%3a%2f%2fcygwin.osuosl.org/release/
cmake/cmake-2.4.7-1.tar.bz2
Checking MD5 for
file://C:\cygwin/http%3a%2f%2fcygwin.osuosl.org/release/cmake/c
make-2.4.7-1.tar.bz2
MD5 verified OK:
file://C:\cygwin/http%3a%2f%2fcygwin.osuosl.org/release/cmake/c
make-2.4.7-1.tar.bz2 98520e89e50d2930ec3f559aec8c5e33
2007/07/27 16:12:02 Installing
file://C:\cygwin/http%3a%2f%2fcygwin.osuosl.org/r
elease/cmake/cmake-2.4.7-1.tar.bz2
2007/07/27 16:12:02 Visited: 174 nodes out of 854.

However, a different cmake user reported this:
> I had the same problem, but managed to install it using the setup.exe
> tool by following the steps described below. However, the simplest
> thing to do is just untar it manually into "/" and it should work OK.
> The comments below are provided to help diagnose the problem.
>
> I think the problem is that the tar package is not correct, or at
> least not setup.exe friendly. If you list the contents of the original
> file (tar -tf ...) and the one I got working, the difference is that
> the original file doesn't list the directories. That is, the contents
> were:
>
> // original tar file
> usr/bin/ccmake.exe
> usr/bin/cmake.exe
> usr/bin/cpack.exe
> usr/bin/ctest.exe
>
> // repackaged tar file (by me: tar -cvf ...)
> usr/
> usr/bin/
> usr/bin/ccmake.exe
> usr/bin/cmake.exe
> usr/bin/cpack.exe
> usr/bin/ctest.exe
>
> Apparently, setup.exe doesn't like that.
>
> So to wrap it up, what I did was I untared and re-tared the package.
> But then to get setup.exe to accept it as valid I also had to compute
> the size and md5 sums of the new file and put these values in the
> setup.ini entry for cmake.

So, it looks like my tar file is not correct.   However, I used the same
process to create it that have been doing for several releases now.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks.

-Bill