[ITP] perl-5.8.8-3

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Jul 16 18:35:00 GMT 2007

Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> On Jul 15 17:22, Reini Urban wrote:
>> The -2 package below has no additional 5.8.8 script suffix anymore, just
>> for the two binaries.
>> I also add some more in-between patches, esp. an installperl bugfix for
>> Gerrit's CYG04major.version.cygwin.sh.patch
>>
>> http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl-5.8.8-2.tar.bz2
>> http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl-5.8.8-2-src.tar.bz2
>> http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl_manpages/perl_manpages-5.8.8-2.tar.bz2
>
> Actually the -2 version above has almost only scripts with the 5.8.8
> suffix now, the non-suffixed versions are missing.  Exceptions are ld2,
> perlld and scandeps.pl, which only exist in a non-suffixed version.
>
> perl.exe and a2p.exe are missing, too, only perl5.8.8.exe and
> a2p5.8.8.exe exist.

Oops! Sorry, didn't check it.
I found the right installperl switch now (+v -f is required)
and uploaded:

http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl-5.8.8-3.tar.bz2
http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl-5.8.8-3-src.tar.bz2
http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl_manpages/perl_manpages-5.8.8-3.tar.bz2

a2p5.8.8.exe is gone with this new +v switch, only a2p.exe, perl.exe and
perl5.8.8.exe

PS:
+v says versiononly. So its quite obvious to the average
perl-semantics-enabled guru that the +v switch installs the scripts
without version suffixes. Hard to understand sometimes, but still like it.
--
Reini