genini patch

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Feb 24 19:04:00 GMT 2007

Servaas Goossens schrieb:
> Thanks for submitting my previous patches. I have further modified
> genini so that it generates output that is parsed without errors by
> setup.exe. I also fixed the sorting problem for file versions (ref:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-09/msg00020.html).
>
> A few issues remain, but setup.exe seems to accept them:
> * genini generates one line for the non-existing db package ("@ db")
> * genini doesn't include some -src files that do exist in the official
>   setup.ini. This seems to be related to external-source values in
>   setup.hint. Maybe the error is in the .hint file? (e.g. gcc)
> * for postgresql genini includes a [prev] version with no files (install
>   or source). These files don't exist: the error is in the setup.hint.

"prev: 7.4.5-1" is no error.
The error is more that the 7.4.5 package was deleted. ??

I have a current postgresql7.4-7.4.13-1 ready, but the packagename
changed and it never got through the ITP process, though it is in debian
also.
   http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-08/msg00092.html

--
Reini Urban