[ITA] aspell-en: GNU Aspell 0.60 English Dictionary Package

Tue Dec 18 13:10:00 GMT 2007

On Dec 18 13:33, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>  o ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/en                          (Homepage)
>  o ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/en/aspell6-en-6.0-0.tar.bz2 (Download location)
>

> Here is the setup.hint file:
>
> sdesc: "GNU Aspell 0.60 English Dictionary Package"
> ldesc: "GNU Aspell 0.60 English Dictionary Package"
> category: Text
> requires: cygwin aspell
>
> -------------------------------- cut here ------------------------------------
> #!/bin/bash
>
> mkdir -p aspell/aspell-en
>
> cd aspell/aspell-en
> wget http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/ITP/aspell/aspell-en/setup.hint
> wget http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/ITP/aspell/aspell-en/aspell-en-6.0.0-1-src.tar.bz2
> wget http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/ITP/aspell/aspell-en/aspell-en-6.0.0-1.tar.bz2

Packaging looks fine, and I almost uploaded it, however...
the aspell version is 0.60, the setup.hint text says Aspell 0.60, but
the package version is 6.0.0.  I see that this is the upstream version
number as well (except that it's called aspell6 instead of just aspell),
but somehow that sounds weird.  What's the secret here?  And, if you
stick to the upstream version number 6.0.0, shouldn't the setup.hint
file be changed?

Red Hat