[ITP] PHP 5.1.4 (cli, cgi-fcgi, apache2) [re-issued]

Max Bowsher maxb1@ukf.net
Tue Jun 13 12:03:00 GMT 2006

ITP status so far:

Yaakov suggested changing php-apache2 to apache2-php.  I countered that
php-apache2 is consistent with the subversion-apache2 we already have,
and that it more useful to have all the possibilities for using PHP
grouped together, than to have all apache2 modules grouped together.

Volker Zell identified a problem in apxs2 which was impacting the PHP
build. I fixed the problem in apache2-2.2.2-1.

Volker Zell further observed a build failure during 'make install' - I
have replied that I was unable to reproduce, and he has not commented
further.

John Morrison tested the package, and noted that it worked, but that the
 Cygwin-specific README could use some extra material on how to
configure Apache - I will add some, and am currently thinking on whether
the package should install files into /etc/apache2/conf.d, and if so,
how to  handle user customization to them.

setup.hint-s:

# php
category: Web
requires: cygwin crypt postgresql minires libxml2
sdesc: "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor"
ldesc: "PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is
especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML."

# php-apache2
category: Web
requires: php apache2
external-source: php
sdesc: "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (Apache 2 module)"
ldesc: "PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is
especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML."

# php-devel
category: Web
requires: php
external-source: php
sdesc: "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (development files)"
ldesc: "PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is
especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML."

Setup package URL:
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/

Direct package URLs:
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/php-5.1.4-0.3-src.tar.bz2
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/php-5.1.4-0.3.tar.bz2
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/php-apache2/php-apache2-5.1.4-0.3.tar.bz2
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/php-devel/php-devel-5.1.4-0.3.tar.bz2

Hint URLs:
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/setup.hint
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/php-apache2/setup.hint
http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/php-devel/setup.hint

Obviously, I'll bump the 0.3 release number up to 1 once GTG is achieved.

Max.