2nd summary (was Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.)

Mon Sep 26 23:14:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> clear
>

> This comes from ncurses doesn't it?  Is it being purposely dropped from the ncurses
> distribution?  Chuck?

There is a clear package, containing only /usr/bin/clear.exe, that
predated ncurses in the cygwin distro.  (E.g. full.exe had clear but not
ncurses).

So, currently ncurses ships with '/usr/bin/clearn.exe' to avoid
conflicts.  If no maintainer appears for the clear package, I'd be happy
to release a new ncurses package that doesn't rename its clear.exe, and
we can drop the 'clear' package from the distro.

Or maybe we can do that even if the 'clear' package maintainer shows up
and agrees.

I do not know the provenance of the code for clear.exe in the 'clear'
package.  It may be ncurses-derived, or maybe not.

--
Chuck