2nd summary (was Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.)

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Mon Sep 26 14:19:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 01:06:58PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>  clear
>
> This comes from ncurses doesn't it?  Is it being purposely dropped from
> the
> ncurses distribution?  Chuck?

The clear program that ships with ncurses is packaged as clearn.exe, to
avoid conflicting with the clear package.

The clear.exe from the clear package is tiny:

[[[
main()
{
  write (1, "\033[1;1H\033[2J", 10);
  return 0;
}
]]]

Since ncurses is in category Base, perhaps we should drop the clear package
from the distribution, and allow ncurses clear to take the place of this
package?
It looks like the standalone clear might have been a temporary workaround,
before ncurses was ported.

Max.