Bad setup.hint for sunrpc?

Robb, Sam sam.robb@timesys.com
Wed Oct 19 02:49:00 GMT 2005

It looks like sunrpc may have a bad setup.hint somewhere
in the system.

In the latest setup.ini (where I noticed this), I see:

  @ sunrpc
  sdesc: "A wrapper for stat(2) and statfs(2)."
  ldesc: "A wrapper for stat(2) and statfs(2)."
  category: Utils
  requires: cygwin

... which seems a bit odd.  The setup.hint included with
the source package is:

  category: Libs
  requires: cygwin
  sdesc: "Sun RPC (ONC/RPC) libraries and utilities."
  ldesc: "This distribution contains Sun Microsystem's implementation of the
          RPC and XDR protocols.  Also included is complete documentation,
          utilities, RPC service specification files, and demonstration services
          in the format used by the RPC protocol compiler (rpcgen)."

It's entirely possible I confused the setup.hint I sent at
one point with another on my system - if that's the case,
then I apologize for having to ask if someone would clean
up after my mistake.

-Samrobb