ITP: plotutils-2.4.2 (trial Packaging too)

James R. Phillips antiskid56-cygwin@yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 06:15:00 GMT 2005

--- Charles Wilson  wrote:
> Simple:
>     cygplot-2.dll     ---> libplot2-2.4.1-X.tar.bz2
>     cygplotter-2.dll  ---> libplotter2-2.4.1-X.tar.bz2
>     cygxmi-0.dll      ---> libxmi0-2.4.1-X.tar.bz2
>
> That is, the package name tracks the libtool DLLNUM appended to the DLL.

OK, thanks for all the good information.  I'll post another set of trial
packages shortly.  This is turning out to be a lot of work just to get a
support library working for pstoedit.  But I guess that's life.

On the subject of pstoedit, I want to state for the record that the dll's in
that package are only meant for pstoedit execution/development, not for other
programs.  So there should be no need to package them separately from the
pstoedit binary.

On another issue - is LDFLAGS in g-b-s a reliable way to force a linker option
like "-wl,--enable-auto-image-base" ?  Or should this go into CFLAGS ? Or is it
best to modify Makefile.am ?  If there is a way to force this option in g-b-s,
shouldn't we patch g-b-s to make it a default, like the CFLAGS="-O2" default?

jrp