[g-b-s Patch] Write and save logfiles for configure/make/check/install

Sat Oct 8 02:26:00 GMT 2005

James R. Phillips wrote:

> Interesting idea.  I didn't know you could force configure/make/install to
> produce log files.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to produce a separate compressed log file archive,
> distinct from the source archive?  The contents of the source archive have been
> previously specified.

I wouldn't worry about that.  See ncurses-X.Y-Z-src.tar.bz2....  FWIW, I
think this is a neat idea (and CAPS help distinguish these files from
the "working" ones like xxxx.patch, xxxx.sh, etc).

--
Chuck