Regrouping on "installation profile" idea

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Nov 11 18:53:00 GMT 2005

Have we converged on the naming for Igor's profile idea?

I seem to be seeing a lot of people essentially discussing GUI design
whereas Igor had an idea for a lightweight implementation which required
no changes to setup.exe.

While there may be other improvements to the setup.exe GUI, Igor's idea
is something that can be implemented quickly and I think it will help.

So, do we have a list of potential ways to label these "profiles"?  I
personally think that the term "profile" isn't intuitive enough.  I think
that something like either "installation type" or just "installation"
might be clearer.

Has anyone been collecting the list of names that have been proposed?

cgf