Welcoming Brian Dessent as setup maintainer

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Tue May 3 21:01:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 01:58:13PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>- setup should be able to save and restore its window position and
>size.  This is a personal peeve of mine.  I know the whole
>"resizeability" thing was a huge complicated issue back in the day.  I
>have no desire to change how it acts out of the box, but I just think
>that it should remember whatever size you make it.  This also applies
>to all those annoying things like desktop shortcuts and so on.
>Basically it shouldn't pester you for the same stuff over and over;
>what you set, it should remember.

How about selecting a reasonable default size for setup when it first
starts based on the size of the screen?  Is there any reason why it
*has* to start out at 640x480?

cgf