Apache HTTP Server 1.3.33-1 release available

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Mar 9 12:50:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  8 23:59, Robert Richter wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> there is a new release available of Apache HTTP Server 1.3.33. The
>> package
>> is placed here: http://www.fast4ward.de/cygwin/
>>
>> Please take a look at the README and setup.hint files below.
>>
>> The Apache package contains the mod_ssl EAPI patch but no additional
>> module
>> extensions. These are part of further releases.
>>
>> I am also interested in becoming the package maintainer for Apache 1.3.x.
>
> Cool.  Can you please send the full URLs to the binary source and
> setup.hint
> files to this list?  Did you notice that an Apache2 package is coming to
> speed as well?  It would be pretty important that the two packages don't
> collide.

I took care to ensure that my upcoming apache2 packages does not collide
with the current apache 1.3 package - unless this new 1.3.x package is more
than a simple version upgrade, there should be no problems. Doesn't hurt to
check, though.

Although, *PLEASE* remove the really pointless "sleep" commands from the
postinstall script, if you haven't done that already.

Max.