keychain service

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 09:47:00 GMT 2005

On Mar  6 20:48, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Karl M wrote:
> > keychain-service-install is a script used to install/reinstall the
> > keychain-service for each user that desires it. It simplifies use and
> > documents the parameters to cygrunsrv.
>
> The "tradition" set by other packages/programs (e.g., cygserver, sshd,
> exim, cron) call this script "*-config", so "keychain-config" sounds like
> a more uniform name for this one.  This should go into /usr/bin.

ACK.

> > keychain-service is the script that runs under cygrunsrv for each user
> > that desires the service. It behaves well when stopped and started from
> > the services panel, net commands and cygrunsrv commands. It also behaves
> > well during system shutdown.
>
> I imagine this one goes to /usr/sbin.  You could even call it "keychaind".
> :-)

ACK, except "keychaind" sounds too vanilla.

> > .profile is an example of what to include in ones profile to work with the
> > keychain service.
>
> Umm, this one should probably be named "sample.profile" (or
> "example.profile") and go under /usr/share/doc/keychain-service.

/usr/share/doc/keychain

There shouldn't be an extra doc dir for the few Cygwin specific files.

> Alternatively, you can install this script as
> /etc/defaults/etc/profile.d/keychain.sh, and have keychain-config copy it
> to /etc/profile.d/keychain.sh.

Not if it's just an example.  If it's generic, you're right.

The problem is that this is not a valid ITP.  Karl, I suggest reading
http://cygwin.com/setup.html and to scan the cygwin-apps archives how
a ITP looks like.  Especially you shouldn't just send the vanilla source
tar file but Cygwinized binary and source archives plus a matching
setup.hint file.

Red Hat, Inc.