keychain service

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:03:00 GMT 2005

Hi All...

The latest keychain (2.5.1) from gentoo works fine OOB on win2k, winxp and
win98. I tested it in a multi-user environment on win2k and winxp. The win98
testing was limited.

Launching keychain (ssh-agent) from a service allows it to survive log
off/on.

I have migrated all of my cygwin specific work to the service script to
minimize support hassle. The files are attached.

keychain-service-install is a script used to install/reinstall the
keychain-service for each user that desires it. It simplifies use and
documents the parameters to cygrunsrv.

keychain-service is the script that runs under cygrunsrv for each user that
desires the service. It behaves well when stopped and started from the
services panel, net commands and cygrunsrv commands. It also behaves well
during system shutdown.

.profile is an example of what to include in ones profile to work with the
keychain service.

example.bat is an example of what to include in a Windows shell script to
make the ssh-agent available. This is handy when using programs that use ssh
from within a Windows shell. Without the () form of the if, it works in
win98 as well.

keychain-2.5.1 is a copy of the latest upstream source.

Thanks,

...Karl