wget postinstall and setup (MAXB please take note)

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Thu Jan 27 19:41:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 02:07:13PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>>
>> There is no drawback using nontsec because that's how all other
>> files were installed in the first place.
>
> maxb -- can we consider this a needed urgent fix?  This is a
> long-standing problem which is causing people a lot of problems.

Just to confirm:

The decision is that setup will set CYGWIN=nontsec and it is the
responsibility of maintainers who need ntsec in postinstall scripts to
explicitly enable it.

Sounds easy - just add a putenv("CYGWIN=nontsec") in main().

Do I wait a few days to allow the maintainers to check/change their
postinstalls, or do I release a new setup tonight?

BTW, the permissions on setup.exe on sourceware are such that only you can
change it.
If accidental, could you fix, so I can release a new setup myself?

Thanks,

Max.