Header files for Windows OpenLDAP client

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Thu Feb 17 01:31:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 05:23:07PM -0800, Sangita Mohan wrote:
>I downloaded the client library for Windows using Cygwin. I got a bunch of
>dll files
>
>cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll
>cyglber-2-2-7.dll
>cygldap-2-2-7.dll
>cygldap_r-2-2-7.dll
>cygminires.dll
>cygsasl2-2.dll
>cygssl-0.9.7.dll
>
>Basically I am upgrading my client from using the old umich LDAP to the
>current version of OpenLDAP and *do* not need the server. I generated the
>lib files from the dlls to use in my client. However I have been unlucky in
>locating the header files to include.
>
>The source that I got won't compile on Windows as I have files with a .h.in
>extension.
>
>lber_types.h.in
>ldap_config.h.in
>ldap_features.h.in
>
>Does anyone have the header files to use for the OpenLDAP Windows client
>library.
>
>Also does the cygwin1.dll need to be included in my client along with the
>OpenLDAP dll files?
>
>Any help is appreciated.

For real help, try going back to http://cygwin.com/lists.html and reading
the mailing list descriptions again.  cygwin-apps is not intended as a
help list.  That is what the main cygwin list is for.

You also should probably read http://cygwin.com/problems.html for hints
on how to ask questions.

I'm unsubscribing you from cygwin-apps.  Please confine your inquiries
to cygwin AT cygwin dot com

cgf