Update: perl-Win32-GUI, perl-libwin32

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Feb 16 09:01:00 GMT 2005

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes schrieb:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 07:41:13PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
>>Reini Urban schrieb:
>>Suddenly Jan Dubois released an updated libwin32-0.24 at CPAN today,
>>containing the current ActiveState status (5.8.6.811).
>>
>>What should I do?
>>Make a new one based on this immediately, or wait a bit until
>>0.191 is out?
>
> Depends on you, really.  If you want to take the effort to update to the
> new version, despite there being little change, that would be good, but
> it sounds like there will be more new versions out in not that long, so
> waiting wouldn't hurt either.

I talked with Jan. An update will require a lot of time, because he
wants to break the patch into the seperate modules, and doesn't want to
use Rafael's unification.
So this will need a lot of time until all of them are applied.
Looks like I have to build a mingw perl now.

> There was an unanswered request for a new clamav on the main list a week
> ago.  If you aren't waiting for something upstream for that, that may
> be a better use of your time.

Yep. Did it yesterday also, but aclocal/autoconf/libtool is still
striking. Tomas still didn't update to use the new autoconf macro for
AC_RESOLV_HEADER.
At least I built a new version, which will be uploaded soon.
freshclam has some significant enhances, and the parser is more stable.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/