Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Oliver Wienand wienand@rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Aug 9 08:30:00 GMT 2005

Hello

>> I just adapted things such, that it goes through under cygwin if you
>> run configure and make from the root of the sources. I am not sure if
>> the original Singular source supports such compiling.
> I don't think they do.  But they should!

I will mention it too our crew at the next meeting.

>>> Could you send me the set of configure options you used (and CFLAGS /
>>> LDFLAGS settings), please?
>> I do not specify any C oder LD Flags.
> You really just call ./configure without options?

Oh, no. I thought the C and LD Flags concerns only extra options for the
compiler and linker. I run

./configure --disable-dl --without-MP --without-doc --without-Texi2html
--without-Texinfo

This line should also occure in

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/singular-base-3.0.0-1.README

> I just called `../configure --prefix=/usr && make`?
> Actually I get more errors earlier where make doesn't terminate, see the
> attached log.
> How to ignore the error, make terminates and the build isn't finished
> yet?

If you run configure with the options above make should terminate while
compiling the docs or the dynamic modules specific stuff. But Singular
is compiled in advance to this.

The executeable is located in ./Singular/ and there should be a link
from ./ix86-Win/Singular to it. In ./ix86-Win/ additional executeables
should show up.

> BTW, why isn't dynamic loading not supported?

Because before I came to the team nobody very found of Windows
programming was there. But I will need time to become familiar with
Singular and Cygwin.

Please be patient with me. Till now I mainly did developing with Windows
RAD Systems and not in this Makefile c/c++ style.

Sincerely,

Oliver Wienand