Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Fri Aug 5 03:44:00 GMT 2005

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Oliver Wienand wrote:
>

>>>Building outside the source directory is not supported.
>>
>>?
>>
>>I just adapted things such, that it goes through under cygwin if you run
>>configure and make from the root of the sources. I am not sure if the
>>original Singular source supports such compiling.
>

> You might want to take a look at lnconf.sh in the packaging templates CVS
> (<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packaging/templates/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps>).
> It was intended originally as a configure substitute for packages that
> don't have one, but you could also run it before configure to replicate
> the directory structure in the target directory before running configure.
> HTH,

Also, take a look at the zlib package
http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/release/zlib/zlib-1.2.2-2-src.tar.bz2

It uses shtool for the 'make a symlink-farm to these sources because my
package is too dain-bramaged to build outside srcdir' purpose.  (Also,
lndir does the same thing as shtool, and is distributed as a cygwin
package [xorg-x11-bin-lndir-6.8.2.0-1] which is similar).

--
Chuck