Counter-ITP of doxygen (was: Re: Please upload: doxygen-1.4.2_20050410-1 (n'th take))

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Fri Apr 22 23:35:00 GMT 2005

Hans W. Horn wrote:
> Alright,
>
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>> No, still wrong. You didn't read what I said carefully enough.
>> You *need* to understand:
>> Filenames are expected to be EXACTLY:
>> NAME-VERSION-RELEASE.tar.bz2
>> NAME-VERSION-RELEASE-src.tar.bz2
> I guess I never appreciated the subtle naming convention used for cygwin
> packages. Honestly, my impression was that names go all over the map.
> Fixed (I think).
>
>>> +++ doxygen_1.4.2-20050410/doc/language.doc +++
>>> doxygen_1.4.2-20050410/doc/translator_report.txt +++
>>> doxygen_1.4.2-20050410/examples/example.tag
>> These files are touched during a 'make install_docs'.
> Excluded offending diffs from patch.

Having got the superficial naming problems out of the way, I took a closer
look at the source packaging.

There were many issues - the most serious being that the source package did
not even contain the Cygwin specific readme at all - and many minor
deficiencies related to using a home-grown build script, rather than the
tried-and-true cygwin template.

I am sorry, but the conclusion I came to was that it would be less effort
for me to produce my own packages of doxygen, based on the the
generic-build-script, than to assist in getting these packages up to a
good-to-go status.

Accordingly, I hereby ITP doxygen myself:
Setup.exe installation site:
http://unicorn.robinson.cam.ac.uk/~mob22/cygdoxygen/

Max.