unison-2.10.2-1 and unison-gtk2-2.10.2-1

Schulman.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov Schulman.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Tue Sep 21 18:25:00 GMT 2004

> I have done a Cygwin package of LablGtk now, just add the Cygwin
> specific README and sign it with your name, if there are no objections
> it will be included in the netrelease and unison-gtk2 is GTG, once we
> found the reason why I needed to apply the beloow changes.  Fetch the
> LablGtk package here: http://194.95.224.180/lablgtk/

I decided to go ahead and build a lablgtk2 package myself, so I can
reasonably maintain it in the future.

I've built the package, but now I have a problem: if I strip
/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtktop.exe, then when I run
/usr/bin/lablgtk2, I get "Unknown option -w":

$ lablgtk2 -verbose
/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtktop -w s -I /usr/local/stow/lablgtk-2.4.0
/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2 -I gtkInit.cmo
Unknown option -w.

If I don't strip lablgtktop.exe, then I don't get this error.  I can't
find any documentation about what the '-w s' option does, but I believe
it's supposed to be passed on to the OCaml compiler.

Questions:  should I just give up on stripping the executable?  Or is
there a workaround?  Do I need the -w option at all?  Sorry, but I know
almost nothing about OCaml or LablGTK.

Thanks,
Andrew.