setup.exe - RFC: reorganizing source into category directories

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Thu Oct 28 21:17:00 GMT 2004

Setup.exe has a *lot* of source files.

To make the source a little more comprehendable, I'm planning on moving
certain subsystems which effectively are utility libraries in their own
right into subdirectories.

This should hopefully be a step on the path to untangling the logic and the
GUI code.

To begin with, I'm proposing the following new directories:

One for all source imported with little or no modification from external
sources - that is md5.* (from libmd5-rfc sourceforge project) and rfc1738.*
(from squid). A possible name for this would be "srclib".

One for NetIO and io_stream class heirarchies, and geturl.* (associated
helper functions). This is a large (116KB) chunk of code, exclusively
concerned with IO. A possible name for this would be "cygsuio".

One for all image files (icon, bitmaps). Name "images".

Comments welcome, especially if anyone has any preferences for different
names.

Max.