setup.exe sizes openldap-2-2-15

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Oct 27 19:48:00 GMT 2004

Max Bowsher schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>> Max Bowsher schrieb:

>>> An argument for demand-downloaded .mo files, then?
>>
>> An argument for simply adding the translations to res.rc as localized
>> STRINGTABLES. That doesn't extract the strings from the source code
>> automatically, but most of our strings are in the rc anyway.
>
> I'm not so sure that "most" is accurate.
>
> Also, I've been planning to get rid of the string tables and start
> putting the strings back into the code, to make the code more readable.
> I really dislike this #defined constant scheme we partially have now.
> Practically the entirety of setup recompiles just because you add a new
> string!

Yes, this is a huge problem. Hmm.

But I want first only think about the new missing feature ("Replaces:")
for coreutils (which replaces 3 other packages) and bugs
(iniparser? overlong strings and columns, proper resizing), and later
about adding new stuff, like i18n support, mingw-bzip2 integration, tty
detection (--help > stdout), or the persistent prefs.

But before that I have to hunt down a suspected bug in cygserver.
While I'm writing this, the latest postgresql always fails with more
than two concurrent connections. Last month it took up to 50.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/