setup.exe sizes

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Wed Oct 27 13:37:00 GMT 2004

At Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:34 AM, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> I wonder if most of people have any knowledge about setup command
> line arguments, I believe in most  cases setup is being started
> directly from cygwin web page.
>
> It's the most important rule of any GUI program design - all settings
> must be available in GUI.

I would say that they are available in the GUI, but not with an option to be
remembered.  I have
  c:\cygwin\arc\setup.exe -R c:\cygwin -s ftp://mirrors.rcn.net -n -q
in my startup folder to keep me up-to-date without any manual intervention.
If Mr. Wolff uses the command-line options form a short-cut, he will
eliminate the annoyance in question.