GNOME progress report (with screenshot!)

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Tue Oct 26 23:14:00 GMT 2004

Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> I wrote:
> | 2) With any package installing bonobo servers, the .server.in.in file
> | MUST be checked for any references to bonobo modules, which will usually
> | be called with linux library names (libfoo-bar-view.so) (usually only
> | the packages installing a module have such references in their
> | .server.in.in files).  This for sure affects nautilus, but I think all
> | .server.in.in should be checked just in case.
>
> Better check libbonobo2 and gnome-vfs2 also, as they install monikers.

There is this in the bonobo server.in.in
type="shlib" location="@MONIKER_LIBDIR@/libmoniker_std_2">

And this in the server.in:
type="shlib" location="/usr/lib/bonobo/monikers/libmoniker_std_2">

I assume ltdlopen() is used, then the according .la file needs to be in
place, the real DLL name in there is used then:

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='cygmoniker_std_2.dll'

If dlopen() would be used, then it should fail for lunixes as well.

gnome-vfs the same.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=