gcc 3.3.3 builds "corrupt" lesstif-0.93.94

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Oct 22 06:15:00 GMT 2004

The lesstif package was last built and released (0.93.94) with gcc-3.3.1
(or earlier, not sure).  Performing a rebuild of the lesstif source as
released (or any lesstif version after that) results in a good build,
but one that gives a "status access violation" *immediately* upon being
loaded; that is, DllMain is not even correctly called.

Has anyone else ran into libraries that fail to build correctly under
gcc-3.3.3?  How close are we to another gcc release for Cygwin (I'm
hoping this just goes away)?

Harold