libgeotiff-1.2.1-2

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Fri Oct 8 03:43:00 GMT 2004

Reini Urban schrieb:

> Norman Vine schrieb:
>
>> Proj4   http://proj.maptools.org/  should build OTB

well, we want it shared. add this to some lib srcfile: src/geocent.c
#ifdef __CYGWIN__
int main(int argc, char **argv) { }
#endif

./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
make AM_LDFLAGS=-no-undefined
make install

>> GDAL  http://gdal.maptools.org
>>             < configure to use internal tiff and geotiff libs
>>                should build OTB >

./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man \
   --with-docdir=/usr/share/doc/gdal-1.2.3-1
make AM_LDFLAGS=-no-undefined
make install

> This is better than libtiff? At least it supports much more formats.
> Should we drop the extra libgeotiff then, if GDAL already includes it?
>>
>> GEOS  http://geos.refractions.net  should build OTB
>>              using following
>> % CC=c++ CXX=c++ ./configure; make

CC=c++ CXX=c++ LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --prefix=/usr
make AM_LDFLAGS=-no-undefined
make check
make install

geos is actually a pretty impressive library and would need a perl
binding. Something for swig.
And co-written by someone I work together with libming. And postgis
also. What a coincidence.

>> PostGRES  < Cygwin binary and source packages >
>> PostGIS      < needs the configured but not compiled PostGres source
>> package                       after configure install PostGIS into
>> PostGRES contrib directory
>>                       configure and make >
>>
>> link against libgdal instead of libtiff and libgeotiff for geotiff
>> support

> I'll configure --prefix=/usr and not /usr/local for proj4 and geos
> so that someone will have the change to propose this, and my postgis is
> ready in the meantime with my own private builds of the dll's.
> (libtool-devel-1.5.10)
> If Gerrit or Charles, I don't care.

Since I will maintain postgis probably it will make sense if I maintain
these helper libs also. GIS is one of my native fields.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/