update: tetex 2.0.2-15

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Oct 7 02:48:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>
> > Igor Pechtchanski writes:
> >
> > > Well, you could require both (the new XFree86-base is a dummy package,
> >
> > Ok, that sounds like an acceptable option.  I've fixed the xorg name
> > and added XFree86-base.
> >
> > > P.S. Does it really require xorg-x11-base, or xorg-x11-bin-dlls?
> >
> > I just mimicked ghostscript-x11.  xorg-x11-bin-dlls will satisfy
> > cygcheck, but I guess people who install tetex-x11 want to say xdvi,
> > so that should just work.
> >
> > Jan.
>
> Hmm, in this particular case it might be a valid choice (you can't run
> tetex-x11 without X, can you?).  Some other packages (notably xemacs)
> contain way too many dependencies, more than are needed for normal
> operation.
>
> Note, though, that they would still need to *run* X before xdvi will work.
> 0:-)
> 	Igor

Oh, and what about people who use other X servers (like Exceed), or even
expect to run xdvi remotely via ssh from a Linux machine?  Granted, the
latter group is probably small enough and knowledgeable enough to be able
to deal with the automatic X dependency...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw