[ITP] sqlite-3.0.7

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Wed Oct 6 23:59:00 GMT 2004

Reini Urban wrote:

> Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps schrieb:
>
>> New port for review.
>

> Ah, Jaari is back in business! Great. And a complete new building
> engine... and the same libtool problems as most of us...
>
> +1 for sqlite

+1 vote from me too.

> "./sqlite-3.0.7-1.sh conf" builds into sqlite-3.0.7/.build/.build which
> seems to be odd.
>   really "export builddir_relative=.build/.build" ???
> And then there seems to be a recursive make loop. See "info automake"
> how to avoid this, or better let it be fixed upstream.

This is ugly.  Is no issue when the generic build script from the cygwin
CVS is used!

> BTW: shared lib not possible or not tried?
> ....."warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin shared
> libraries."
> So there's something missing for cygsqlite-6.dll
> With dllwrap and the def file it works fine.

If the shared libs are not included I veto this package.
I have sqlite always up to date at my including shared libs, it is no
major problem, just the usual -no-undefined flag missing from
libsqlite_la_LDFLAGS definition.

> tclbindings tried?
>
> three packages (-devel, -doc as I see in some setup.hints)
> or only this one as advertised? (without website)

It is a small package, all in one is ok IMO.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=