DJB licensing issues [Was: [ITP] mhash-0.9.1-1]

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Wed Oct 6 10:21:00 GMT 2004

On Oct  6 11:20, Lapo Luchini wrote:

> Brian Dessent wrote:
> > Still, I doubt it qualifies as OSI-approved by any stretch of the
> > imagination.
>
> It doesn't even have a copyright notice in the source nor in the
> package, maybe it qualifies as Public Domani, but I guess an email to
> DJB could clarify it a bit...

It's essential to do this.  A source code with no copyright or licensing
information at all is highly lawless ground.  Dunno about other countries
but in Germany a source code is not just public domain because the author
didn't add a copyright notice.  On the contrary.

Red Hat, Inc.