Please upload: postgresql-8.0.0cvs-1 [test]

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Oct 4 21:39:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
>>The tablespace feature is known to fail.
>
> What does this mean exactly?  (Link to docu should do it).

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/catalog-pg-tablespace.html
just specify the physical layout for a table. taken from oracle.
implemented as simple symlink on directories.
to share a db across discs probably.
added just lately.

This is the expected result:
CREATE TABLESPACE badspace LOCATION '/no/such/location';
ERROR:  could not set permissions on directory "/no/such/location": No
such file or directory
-- No such tablespace
CREATE TABLE bar (i int) TABLESPACE nosuchspace;
ERROR:  tablespace "nosuchspace" does not exist
-- Fail, not empty
DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
ERROR:  tablespace "testspace" is not empty
DROP SCHEMA testschema CASCADE;
NOTICE:  drop cascades to table testschema.foo
-- Should succeed
DROP TABLESPACE testspace;

our culprit:
CREATE TABLESPACE testspace LOCATION
'/usr/src/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.0cvs/src/test/regress/testtablespace';
+ ERROR:  could not create symbolic link
"/usr/src/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.0cvs/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/pg_tblspc/155183":
Permission denied
   -- create a schema in the tablespace

It failed to hardlink a directory (probably bogus error message).
Some win32 magician changed the existing symlink code to use junctions
lately. But I have to check the actual codepath.
Attached are the failing tests.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/