[ITP] chere

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Oct 4 18:14:00 GMT 2004

Dave schrieb:
> Recent traffic in the main mailing list indicated a package to manage Cygwin
> Prompt Here functionality would be appreciated.
>
> I propose contributing (and maintaining) a shell script to do this. See the
> attached script for my initial version. It works as advertised on my W2K box,
> installing and uninstalling a Bash/Rxvt context menu.

Cannot you think of a better name than "chere"?
I would favor "CygwinPromptHere".
If so +1 and GTG from me.
Note: This is for dummies. "chere" looks a package for experienced users.

> It needs some work, and input from term/shell maintainers on appropriate startup
> incantations. I'd welcome any comments and feedback.

rurban@reini /usr/src
$ chere
/bin/chere Error: Unknown terminal
Supported terminals:
cmd rxvt xterm

well, maybe add some notes for the required -t and -s switches,
or add -h hint

> Is this going in the right direction? Has someone got a more appropriate
> solution in the wings (I'm aware of Gerrits and a few other implementations)? Am
> I wasting my time?

This is the best I saw so far. :)
Even an uninstaller!
--