[ITP] chere

Dave d_inabox@yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 17:18:00 GMT 2004

Recent traffic in the main mailing list indicated a package to manage Cygwin
Prompt Here functionality would be appreciated.

I propose contributing (and maintaining) a shell script to do this. See the
attached script for my initial version. It works as advertised on my W2K box,
installing and uninstalling a Bash/Rxvt context menu.

It needs some work, and input from term/shell maintainers on appropriate startup
incantations. I'd welcome any comments and feedback.

Is this going in the right direction? Has someone got a more appropriate
solution in the wings (I'm aware of Gerrits and a few other implementations)? Am
I wasting my time?

Dave.

Hints:
./chere -h
to get some help.

./chere -p -t rxvt -s bash
to print the commands to install Bash/Rxvt on stdout

./chere -t rxvt -s bash
to install Bash/Rxvt context menu

./chere -u -t rxvt
to uninstall Bash/Rxvt context menu